Monday, March 10, 2008

Moving on...

I actually intended to start my next post immediately after finishing the first one... mainly because I wanted to finish talking about California while it was fresh in my mind... oops.

So, just to finish the story... it is Saturday March 1st...I was on my way out to Point Rayes National Seashore to meet Liz and Uncle Bill, but it seems that I had made a wrong turn somewhere, and somehow found myself taking the 3 hour route to the park. I suppose it was kind of nice, because all the roads in that area lead between Pointe Rayes and 101. I just got off of 101 on the wrong road. oops... I guess I still got there.

After a brief break at the visitor's center, I discovered that Jaani wouldn't be allowed on any of the trails, but there were some trails near that Jaani could go for a walk with me on; also there was a beach that they allowed dogs to run around on off the leash... so I sided with the beach, which was very long.

I was happy to roam the beach for a while, and Jaani loved to run around in the sand. Unfortunately he was attacked by a bigger dog, and developed a slight infection in his eye, but it's getting better now that he is taking an anti-biotic.

So, after a long time of searching for Liz and Bill, and eventually giving up, I was happy to meet them at the Pyramid brewery in Berkeley. I think in the end it was a good day, and we finished it off by driving out of town, and stopping on I-5 somewhere north of Sacramento (to avoid the possibility of traffic) .

The next day we hit the road, and started heading home.

I arrived home to discover Evelyn was completely devastated by the death of Pooky. She then went out to get a new dog. First, she got a black and white Shih Tzu code-named Bingo.

I celebrated the new dog (who was old enough to have all of his shots) by taking him to Grand View park. I was really happy that I went that day because the cloud line was above the mountain. you can see Mt Rainier in full view behind us. Bingo loved the park, and Jaani was happy as usual to be there. After that, I took Bingo to the vet, and found out that he needed surgery to open up his nose. Apparently he could only breathe out through his nose, and had to breathe in through his mouth. So, after discovering that the surgery would cost $500, we would have to pay the money up front, and then be reimbursed by the pet store (after they were given money by the breeder); we decided to exchange the dog for a new one. I took the dog home, washed out his fur (because he was around my dog and a few other dogs at the dog park,) and then finally we took the dog back to the pet shop.

In the end, we ended up with Babli (pronounced bubbly) who is a bit younger, but we are pretty happy with her. She was born on Christmas just like Pooky, she acts a lot like Pooky, is more playful that Bingo, and over all just seems to be a better fit for Evelyn anyway.

It was a weird week, but I'm kinda happy about the whole thing... even though I know the whole thing has really bad timing for Evelyn... she can hardly afford to live... none the less actually support a puppy. I guess only time will tell.

So, that's a little update... I have more pictures up on my online in my public photo gallery.

So, that's it for now. I will be putting more pictures up fairly often, and I am making a few more albums that I plan to start sharing soon, so that is another site you might want to keep an eye on for a while.

anyway... that's it for now.